You may feel that the property market is quiet in January, and are thinking of holding of the sale of your home until later. Keep in mind that many companies review salaries and hand out bonuses in February. With that extra cash, potential buyers will be entering the market to see what’s on offer. Best your home be there!
Here are some tips to get you going…
Putting your home on the market can be stressful. How long is it going to take to sell? Are you going to get your price?
Before you join the property market, make sure you are ready. Take time to look up properties in your area and at the same price. Is your house looking a bit shabby? Does it compare? Do you need to do some work in order to compete against your neighbours? Here are some tips to help you:
- Curb appeal: Your pavement and driveway should be clean, swept and clear of any rubble.
- Outside: Mow the lawn, neaten the garden beds and hedges.
- Exterior: A fresh coat of paint will be the best investment you make.
- Entrance: Focus on lighting and replace any dead pot plants.
- Interior: De-clutter every room, replace light bulbs, fix leaking taps, eliminate any pet smells, repaint and steam clean carpets.
If you are looking for a painter, plumber or gardener to help get your home shipshape, please feel free to contact me and I will refer someone reliable.
Please feel free to contact me now for more advice to help you on the road to a successful sale of your home.